Jan 30, 2012

Day Six


From Reeny Davison: Every morning bright and early a small group of us (first time for me this morning because I am not a morning person but woke up early with lesson plans in my head); we grab coffee and sit on the rooftop to watch the sun come up over the mountains. That nicely describes the peaceful serenity and smooth teamwork we are all experiencing. For example, the electricity team got it to work in the new school this morning because they worked together so well. Another example is how we help each other in teaching. Dave, Jason, Bobbie, Sarah,and Jenny (with the electricity and painting guys peeking in) are all helping the children pronounce English words and serving as teaching assistants. We have been teaching an English lesson every day at 4 o'clock. And a couple of people on the team tell me that the students see them working and  they use the English phrases they have learned. Nothing could be more gratifying to me as a teacher.

I keep thinking that the team fulfills the words in Matthew 25:

"Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand. Come, ye blessed of the father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:  For I was hungry and you gave me meat:  I was thirsty and you gave me drink: I was a stranger and you took me in: naked, and you clothed me: I was sick, and you invited me: I was in prison, and you came to me. 

Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when did we see you hungry and fed you?  Or thirsty, and gave you drink? 

When did we see you a stranger and took you in?  Or naked, and clothed you?  Or when did we see you sick, or in prison and came to you?

And the King shall answer and say to them, verily I say unto you, in as much as you have done it unto the least of these my brothers (and sisters), you have done it to me."

We have never felt so welcomed as we do by these loving adults and children.  We are grateful to be here. 
Prayer Requests
 Today's requests are for....
  • gratitude for the gift of song. We hear adults and children singing while they work and play all through the day. It is joyful and uplifting. We have joined this rhythm and ritual by singing our evening grace before we eat.
  • for safety for the children we heard about today that need to water their fields at night after they've carried the water  in buckets from the well that is several miles away.

No comments:

Post a Comment