Jun 25, 2011

Thursday


I believe that the theme for today came from the various words spoken to me throughoutHaiti - Thursdaythe day. My favorite quote from today was at dinner when Pastor Pierre said that "we care more about others than we do ourselves" and I immediately thought that that was the reason why I am down here. Also, during some down time I got to learn a bit of Kreyol. The young man, Vilaire, was asking me if I knew the Lord. Then he explained to me that "I love the Lord because he is good." Additionally, I have been told just straight up how good the Lord is from multiple Haitians. It touches my heart to know that they can recognize these things.

A couple of months ago a church sent down a solar oven for the remote village of Paul. This oven will hopefully help some of the villagers to make bread and then sell it using all Haiti - Thursdaysolar energy. Tomorrow I will be able to travel to Paul to see where the oven will go and to see where they will place a clinic there. The work at the clinic has continued smoothly today. Thank you for the prayers for this. The workers are very excited for tomorrow to connect the old electricity to the new solar energy. 
                                                                                                     
Haiti - Thursday 
Mrs. Conley sped the mural process along today when she sketched 50 people that live or have traveled to work in the community onto the bottom portion of the mural. Then she started to paint the faces with much detail and I must say that I am very excited to see the end product. We knew the mural was doing its job today when some of the kids came into the area and started asking and explaining to each other about the different stories painted on the vignettes.

Unfortunately tomorrow is our last day in Haiti before we travel home and I must say that I am going to miss all my new friends, the laughter of the children, and much more.
What Are Our Prayer Requests?
  • thanksgiving for the gift of laughter. We laugh as we gather as a community at meals, we are energized by Pastor Pierre's contagious laughter, and we listen to the children laugh throughout the community all day long.
  • there is a lot of work left to do. Prayers for the completion of the projects tomorrow.
  • prayers for safe travel home

No comments:

Post a Comment